The best volunteer programs in tourism, come to Ecuador , know the culture, learn spanish!
Volunteer work abroad in Ecuador South America, We offer volunteer programs in Ecuador, our volunteer opportunities are focused in Ecological, Conservation, social, educational, communitarian and health projects, around Ecuador. Ecotourism jobs in Ecuador – volunteer Community Ecotourism Project. Conservation and sustainable development in Ecuador, Internship Programs.
Volunteers have the possibility to choose from a wide variety of activities and fulfill others that are required, carrying out their work under the supervision of residential staff, researchers, environmental education instructors, and the administrative personnel of each area.
Conditions for volunteers Financing:
- Volunteers must pay their own expenses, including airfare to Ecuador and living costs while in the country.
Costs for Volunteering:
- Volunteers have to pay an application fee and the program fee according to the number of weeks they will stay . The program fee includes accommodation at the reserve, three meals a day, the coordination, organization and total support during the volunteer program. The payment has to be done before the volunteer program starts.
- Volunteers must have their own international health insurance and need to sign a waiver to release Imagine Ecuador from responsibility from any illness or injury incurred in Ecuador. Duration of Volunteer Work .
- The minimum time limit for volunteers /internships is one month. Volunteers will need a visa if staying in Ecuador more than 90 days.
- Volunteers are expected to work 8 hours a day, 22 days per month, therefore having 8 vacation days per month to be used upon approval of the project coordinator.
- University study is not a prerequisite to be accepted into the Program. Prospective volunteers should have interest in conservation and related human issues.
- There exists a small risk of malaria in the jungle. Therefore volunteers must supply their own malaria prophylaxis while volunteering at either of these four sites.
- While at the reserves, volunteers need approximately $20 USD per week for additional costs (beverages, community visits, , etc). However, please take along small bills to the reserves ($5 USD denominations or less). Please inquire with Imagine Ecuador Volunteer Coordinator, to organize arrival dates to Ecuador and before booking air tickets.
After you have received information from the Volunteer Coordinator you just need to apply by sending the following things:
- Application letter indicating: experience in conservation activities, future interests, reasons for applying, preferred station and participation dates (participation dates are needed to guarantee space availability).
- Doctor’s note stating you are fit to participate in all activities required of you OR Proof of international travel Insurance.
- 2 passport size photographs
- If you have an original project include the work plan (2-5 pages)
Rubber boots, rain poncho or raincoat, working gloves or garden gloves, another pair of good walking shoes, work clothes (long sleeve shirts –light colors- and pants, easy to dry), swimsuit, mosquito bed net, face net, flip flops or rubber sandals, loads of socks and T-shirts, sleeping bag), insect repellent, sun protection, water bottle, small pocket knife, sunglasses, plastic (ziplock) bags for dry storage, flashlight, binoculars and a personal first aid kit.