Conditions for volunteers Financing:
- Volunteers must pay their own expenses, including airfare to Ecuador and living costs while in the country.
Costs for Volunteering:
- Volunteers have to pay an application fee and the program fee according to the number of weeks they will stay . The program fee includes accommodation at the reserve, three meals a day, the coordination, organization and total support during the volunteer program. The payment has to be done before the volunteer program starts.
- Volunteers must have their own international health insurance and need to sign a waiver to release Imagine Ecuador from responsibility from any illness or injury incurred in Ecuador. Duration of Volunteer Work .
- The minimum time limit for volunteers /internships is one month. Volunteers will need a visa if staying in Ecuador more than 90 days.
- Volunteers are expected to work 8 hours a day, 22 days per month, therefore having 8 vacation days per month to be used upon approval of the project coordinator.
- University study is not a prerequisite to be accepted into the Program. Prospective volunteers should have interest in conservation and related human issues.
- There exists a small risk of malaria in the jungle. Therefore volunteers must supply their own malaria prophylaxis while volunteering at either of these four sites.
- While at the reserves, volunteers need approximately $20 USD per week for additional costs (beverages, community visits, , etc). However, please take along small bills to the reserves ($5 USD denominations or less). Please inquire with Imagine Ecuador Volunteer Coordinator, to organize arrival dates to Ecuador and before booking air tickets.